About Botanical Traditions
We are an 4-person firm providing a full range of landscape architectural services for residential, commercial and institutional clients mainly in Victoria.
Want to come and join us? Please check to see if we have any advertised positions. However, if you are truly passionate about the type of work we do why not contact Ruth Czermak today. Please do not just send us a resume or portfolio without contacting us first.
Are you still studying or don’t have the minimum 12 months experience – we do offer a select few student the opportunity to come and join us either is a studio support or work experience role.
Botanical Traditions is looking for great Staff to join our team and help the studio bring well-crafted Landscape designs to fruition.
Why are our Staff important at Botanical Traditions?
Great design comes from great team involvement and individual passion. Our staff are integral to the design process as strong researchers, designers, thinkers and problem solvers. Because of our holistic office approach, new employees will jump into all phases of the design process and be expected to learn and handle a variety of tasks. Although we are specialised the range of work we undertake is large and varied, you will never be bored of the same thing working with us. This means that you will be continually learning and expanding your skill base – in fact this is expected.
What are we looking for?
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
• 1 to 5 Years of employment history in an Australian landscape architecture studio environment
• Proficiency with Vecotorworks, Sketchup and the Office.
Demonstrated Skills that get us excited:
• Passion about design, exploration and research
• The ability to work at varying scales in our profession, from the overview level to rich details
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Technical skills, an attention to detail, and problem solving ability
• Personable, hardworking, and fun, because our team spends a lot of time together
• Passion for and experience in Horticulture, Arboriculture, Architecture or Construction
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
Once you are here you will:
• Undertake our onboarding program and get to know and understand the business.
• Gain an understanding of different council requirements, vegetation communities and Clients.
• Travel to project sites to perform site inventory and analysis, Tree ID etc
• Draft up Existing Tree Plans and Concept Plans.
• Create design presentation for our clients
• Create 3D and perspective renderings
• Help us select and order plants and materials for our projects
• Work closely with project managers to design landscapes, document projects and review construction progress.
• The faster you learn, the more responsibility you will receive!